So, December 15th 2015, we have been in Lansing for 4 years!!
I can say I have a love/hate relationship with this move. I'm glad we both have jobs, I glad we both have a few friends down here, and I'm glad I was able to get away from the high school petty drama bullshit!!
I do miss my sister, dad, and nephew and the friends I have up there. We do go back and visit regularly, which is nice! Scott's mom also lives up there, so we do get to visit with her when we come up.
Making this move was NOT an easy decision for either of us. But, we did it to better ourselves, and better ourselves we did! Adjusting to a new place to live wasn't as hard as a I thought it would be. I'm not saying I didn't have any rough days, believe me there were days that were super hard. But I thought I would never move away from my family. I thought I would be in the same spot forever. But if you get the chance to move to better yourself and for your husband to better themselves, then really there is no reason to stay. Missing my family sucks and there are days when I just want to pack up and go back, but those days don't happen very often and they have happened less and less. They are only 3 hours away, so it's not like I'm states away. We're still in the same state, so that's good. My big thing is that no one comes to visit us. I know it was me and Scott that moved away, but we moved away because there were no job options for Scott up there and I'm sorry, I'm married and I'm a very supportive wife and will move somewhere where my husband is going to make good money so we don't struggle in life, but I'm don't feel like they don't need to come and visit us! To me, it's the same thing as if I was still living by them. You come visit my house, then I come to your house....this time, it just happens to be 3 hours away. I know my sister can't get down here because she is a single mom with one income and it does cost a little to come down here. She also doesn't have the greatest vehicle and my dad won't let her borrow his. But, oh well. I'll keep making my trips up north to see my family.
When we first moved down here, I lost 20+ pounds!! Of course since we've gotten comfortable I've gained it all back plus a little. UGH!! Work takes up a lot of my day and some days I'm really just mentally exhausted and stressed. So I don't want to do anything. We've been doing things around here, but not as often as we should or want. I want to start doing 2 bigger adventures in our town just so we get out of the house more than we do now.
We tried some haunted hay ride and haunted house for Halloween and I did have a good time. We have some ideas of what we want to do this winter, so that should be fun.
But, when we first talked about this move, I honestly was ok with it. I knew it would be hard, but thankfully the world is filled with different technolgy that we can stay in touch with people. Even after 3 years, I still have a bad day every now and then (and every now and then is not often at all), but I just remind myself that I can still see my family and that I moved here to support my husband so he could get a great paying job! And that's what wives should do, they should be very supportive and if being supportive means you have to move 3 hours away, then try it out and see if it works, if not, you always have the option of moving back. It may have a few bumps on the way back, but nothing you can't handle!!
A little update on us since we moved:
Scott has gotten promoted at his job, he is a lead there now.
When we moved down here, I was without a job for 3 months and was losing my mind! I got a job at a hotel doing Accounts Payable and Receivable.... I HATED it! I quit after a month and started the job searching over again. I got a job and have been there since. No changes for me!!
We got a new dog a year ago and OMG Jax is such a crazy little turd!!
Oscar is still doing well and so is Yoshi!!
I'll do an animal update soon!!
or interested in me hosting a giveaway, please contact me at:
Friday, November 6, 2015
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
I'm joining Shannon at Life after I "Dew" for SO WHAT WEDNESDAY!
So what if:- I hate looking for jobs and the only reason why I haven't done it sooner because I'm lazy and comfortable at my job, even though I'm not a fan of where I work!!
- I refuse to get up and let Jax out before my alarm goes off! And if he has to go bad and has an accident on the floor, I'd rather just clean up the mess!!
- I hate that Scott is gone this week dog sitting! He rubs my head until I fall asleep at night and sleep has been sucky without him!
- I've started watching Grey's from the beginning AGAIN!! I love this show!
- I'm so sick of doing interviews at my work for more staff! I had 6 scheduled today and only 4 showed up!! Why do people even apply and then set up an interview if they have no intention on showing up! I set up 16 interviews this week and I'm kicking myself in the ass for it because I have NO time to do anything else this week!!
- If I really want to blog more, but then I actually go and do it and it doesn't sound fun anymore! (this post has taken me 45 minutes for far!!)
- If I would like to put my dogs up for adoption when they start barking in the middle of the night when I'm home alone!!
- If I would like to also put the cat up for adoption when he is super annoying in the middle of the night!! (Sorry, that you are out of food, but you are about 15 pounds and it's 3am....Do you really think you need to be eating right now!!)
- If I'm ready to decorate for Christmas!! I was ready a week ago!! And no, I don't overlook Thanksgiving. I LOVE Christmas decorations and if I could I would leave everything up all year long and still celebrate all the other holidays! I just love Christmas lights!!
What are you so whating about this week??